Our experts can help you on your journey through your family’s past by supplementing our extensive collection of online records and unique record books with their detailed local knowledge and contacts.
Church records of Various Denominations from the Eighteenth century up to the early Twentieth century including:
• Roman Catholic parish registers with varying commencement dates from 1766 to 1917 approximately. List of Catholic Parishes
• Church of Ireland registers with varying commencement dates from 1747 to 1900 approximately. List Of Church of Ireland Parishes
• Presbyterian records for Ballinasloe parish only, commencement dates for Baptisms from 1846 to 1900 and Marriages 1848 to 1900.
• Methodist Records Ballinasloe parish only, baptism records dating from 1834 to 1900.
Property Valuation Records
Property Valuation Records for the Nineteenth century
• Tithe Applotment Books for east Galway were compiled in the 1820s and 1830s to determine the amount of tax payable for the upkeep of the Established Church.
• Griffiths Valuation Books for east Galway encompassing the Poor Law Unions of Ballinasloe, Glenamaddy, Loughrea and Portumna all dated 1856, Gort and Mountbellew dated 1855, Roscommon dated 1857 and Scarriff dated 1855.
• Pigot & Co directory 1824 and Slater’s Commercial directory dating from 1846 to 1894.
• Miscellaneous School Roll Books dating from the late nineteenth century.
Civil records from the Start of Civil Registration up to the Twentieth Century. List of Civil Parishes
• Fully transcribed records of Births, Marriages and Deaths for east Galway from 1864 to 1900 approximately.
• Fully transcribed non-Catholic marriage records for east Galway from 1845 to 1945 approximately.
Census Records and Substitutes
• Fully transcribed 1901 (taken on 31st March) and 1911 (taken on 2 April) Census for the east Galway area.
• Census Fragments, 1821 for Kilconickney, Kilreekil, Kiltullagh and Lickerrig parishes.
• Old Age Pension Census Search Forms, 1851
• Woodford Parish Census 1889, updated in 1897.